Pastor Glen has finished a great sermon series addressing the important question – “What kind of church are we?” Along the way, other important questions were raised, directly or indirectly, from scriptures. Following are a few you might consider:
We are a Christ-focused church.
- What are some ways we give Jesus first place in our lives?
- How can we stand fast in our faith?
We are a connected church. (Psalm 133)
- What things in our lives are good, but not pleasant (vice versa)?
- What does it mean for us to do life together? What does that look like?
We are a church for the ages. (Psalm 145:1-70)
- How can exalt God for his past care and blessings, and yet, look forward to what He has planned for us?
- How can we best connect with other generations?
- What might our church look like in another hundred plus years?
We are a generous church. (1 Kings 17)
- How would you have responded to Elijah’s demand to provide for him first?
- When was a time in your life when you felt like you had reached the end of your rope?
- How did God meet your need?
We are a growing church. (Acts 2:42-47)
- What made the early church so appealing?
- What do you devote yourself to on a daily basis?
- What aspect of the early church do you most desire for your group/ our church?
We are a joyful church. (Acts 2:42-47)
- What are motivations to be joyful?
- What takes away your joy? What do you lack in dealing with trials?
We are His church. (Acts 2:42-47; Matt. 16:18; Acts 20:28)
- What was significant about Peter’s confession?
- What does it mean to keep watch?
- What does it mean that Christ’s church will “prevail.”
These are just some of the discussion questions from the study guides I have put together so that individuals or groups can watch the sermons on our YouTube page and then “unpack” and apply them. You’ll be able to download the study guides from our Life Group page, soon. We’ll be doing the same for future sermon series.