What is required to become a member?
- Commitment of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Believer’s baptism as confession of your faith
- Completion of orientation process (Discover First Baptist)
- Commitment to expectations of membership (below)
- Where applicable, transfer of letter from another Baptist Church
What is expected of a member?
Our membership covenant is in the church by-laws, but it can be summed up as five commitments:
- Grow – Follow Jesus as Lord and have a growing relationship with God.
- Connect – Be present and engaged in the life of the church. Participate in worship, including Lord’s Supper and Baptism. Join a Bible Study, Community Group, or other group where you are challenged and encouraged in your walk with Christ.
- Give – Contribute financially to the ministries of our church.
- Serve – Serve inside our walls by investing yourself in our ministries and beyond our walls by investing in our mission partners and other opportunities for Christian service.
- Advocate – Invite others to join our fellowship, align yourself with First Baptist, and share with others what God is doing in and through First Baptist.