What steps are there to become a member?
- Personal commitment of faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord
- Completion of orientation process (Discover First Baptist)
- Commitment to expectations of membership (below)
- Affirming membership through believer’s baptism, transfer of letter from another church, or confession of faith
What is commitments do we ask of church members?
Our membership covenant is in the church by-laws, but it can be summed up as five commitments:
- Grow – Follow Jesus as Lord and have a growing relationship with God.
- Connect – Be present and engaged in the life of the church. Participate in worship, including Lord’s Supper and Baptism. Join a Bible Study, Community Group, or other group where you are challenged and encouraged in your walk with Christ.
- Give – Contribute financially to the ministries of our church.
- Serve – Serve inside our walls by investing yourself in our ministries and beyond our walls by investing in our mission partners and other opportunities for Christian service.
- Advocate – Invite others to join our fellowship, align yourself with First Baptist, and share with others what God is doing in and through First Baptist.